Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Itching to do some Stitching


I have been on the look out for some stylish relatively inexpensive chair cushions for my dinning table for MONTHS.. I have scoured my favorite bargain havens (aka.. Ross, Marshall, TJ Max, World Market, etc.) and have found absolutely nothing that even come close to what I was imagining .. it seriously has been driving me to the brink of insanity.. (and shopping hardly ever aggravates me)...So I came up with bright idea to make my own. I mean why not.. (I also think watching Project Runway might have something to do with this sudden burst of fearless creativity).


I'll be the first to admit I am not a sewer... at all... my mom would probably be the second person to admit that about me... as I made her suffer during the couple lessons I made it through. I think I actually told her.. I wouldn't have a need for sewing as I was going to marry very well and would just buy everything I wanted. Sounds like something my bratty teenage self would say! And here it has come to bite me in the butt.....Never did it occur to me that what I wanted might not be out there and I would be forced to take matters into my own hands.


So my friend Megan and I went sewing machine shopping. The Sew Hut (where I bought my machine) happened to be having their 10 year anniversary party at the time we arrived. After much deliberation and hands on testing.. I am now the proud owner of a Bernina Activa 220 (Pictured above). It was announced loudly in the store that I was purchasing my first machine.. and I kid you not several people started hugging me.. welcoming me to the Sew Hut family. It was strange but some how fit with the whole experience.

It takes a couple weeks for them the ship the machine..but it was worth the wait.. I love it! Who would have thought!


1 comment:

Moranda said...

I went throug the same seat cushion dilema, and am prod to say that I love my hand made cushions...Ikea is where I go the fabric-they ahve lots of great contemporary/cheap designs.