Monday, August 24, 2009

iheart the iphone

The iphone and I had a rocky start to our relationship.. first off BFF gave me a gift card for this lovely purchase for my birthday.. Amazing Gift! So first thing I did after I got home from work on Wednesday.. also first day back from my Maui adventure (More about that later).. was of course to pick up my gift at what I like to refer to as iStore… so the card said to register online and then you could go to the store and pick it up.. deceptively simple enough..

Have you been to an Apple Store lately?.. that place is pure chaos.. I walked in and all the floor sales people are busy.. so I wander around.. trying to look like I need help.. (huh…you mean mind reader wasn’t in the job description?…odd).. for about 15 minutes before I realize, unlike any other store, I’m going to have to be proactive about searching out the help and will have to beg them to take my money and give me what I want. Then another 15 more painful minutes as I stalked one of the sales people until their actual customer turned their back for one second and I sized the moment…muhahah

So turns out all that work that I did preregistering online was for not a darn thing.. ya had to fill that all out again.. and then I was told that I couldn’t port my number over unless I called ATT and went through some back channels..the days of fighting for your number are not over my friends… I think after being on customer support line for an hour we finally got that all sorted out and I was a first name basis with practically the whole ATT Customer Care Department.. about the 5th time I was transferred to a different department I was really rethinking this change.

As they say no pain no gain.. I now am in love with this little device… I watch movies on it at the gym.. get all my 5 email accounts in one place, listen to music and surf the web for cool apps and million other things that I haven’t discovered yet which I am sure I will love… It has seriously changed my life! I am not longer a slave to my PC and have to hurry home to check messages.. the technological advances of our time are sheer genius.

…and to think just 10 years ago.. I didn’t even have a cell phone.. now even toddlers that can barely speak have one…you’ve got to admit that’s amazing and disturbing all at the same time.

1 comment:

Allison said...

So, wait a minute....you are heading to Boston in weeks and you just got home from Maui? You my friend are living the dream.

Hope you are doing well! Miss you!