So last weekend I had the pleasure of spending the most unusual day and half in Vegas for BFF Crystal's Big Birthday Bash.. you know.. the dreaded... turning 21 for the 10th time.. While most worldly people would consider it a very TAME weekend.. it was perfectly fine for me (I pretty much shopped, slept in a fabulous hotel, played in the lazy river and hung out with my darling previous roomie).
We stayed in THE hotel in Mandalay Bay.. where everything is THE most awesome.. and everything is labeled even.... THE tp...it's so true!
I had room service and felt like a rock star... and now that I mention it paid like a rock star for a grilled chicken and brie panini
I found my new favorite pampering bath store.. called LUSH..everything including the packaging is very eco friendly... sadly no store here in San Diego... I guess now there's an excuse to go to Beverly Hills
I got lost trying to find a mall in the many casinos..HOW is this POSSIBLE? all I hear about in Vegas is the shopping and I go off on my own in the morning and can't seem to locate any shopping...luckily at the pinnacle of my frustration I was rescued by a phone call summoning me to the pool
I frolicked in the lazy river with an inner tube.. and no joke.. saw a 20 something girl lick the pool water.. trying to find out if it was saltwater... haven't done that in like... ever
We ate dinner at the Wynn Hotel which was an extremely beautiful Alice and Wonderland like place and wandered through the canals in the Venetian.. and I wondered why a grown man and his two teenage sons would be spending a romantic evening on the gondola...it looked a bit awkward amongst all the other "serious' couples... the money they spend in/on these hotels is just unreal...
I walked quickly through the casino.. and couldn't have been happier that I have never be tempted WHATSOEVER to EVER start smoking, drinking or gambling..in a haze of unnatural light..so much more unattractive!
I ate at a Treasure Island Buffet.. and had the mini donuts and cupcakes that the peeps were raving about.. personally I was partial to the mini quiches and the mini meringue pies.. heaven!
Sadly.. what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.. I forgot my camera.. so I'm at the mercy of those who took pictures.... hopefully I will have some soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Bryonny! I love your post, makes me miss Vegas all the more! There are fabulous shops there and the hotel sounded great! I want pictures from your Hawaii trip!
Post a Comment