Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Halloween La Jolla Barbie!





So I decided to live it up this Halloween and Get All Dolled Up..

The Back Story is that, I’ve been in San Diego almost 5 years now and have never been to the Annual San Diego YSA Boat Dance. Mostly because whenever it would come up my friends in the ward had been some previous year and said how awful/boring/lame/submit some even more horrifying adjectives here it was and they were not going to repeat that mistake this year.. and well by default that meant surely I wasn’t going to go with out them. Well this year on the Boston Trip, we (minus Lisa she doesn’t fall for peer pressure, guilt trips, or crying) decided to plan on going.

Well I was out shopping a couple weeks before and found this obnoxiously cute GOLD dress complete with a huge silk bow and tulle… and well it spoke to me (Brings me back to those childhood days where my mom would make these all wonderful costumes, most of which involved some sort of princess outfit for me) ..how could this not be worked into a costume somehow... well it sort of evolved from there with the pink strappy shoes, a long blonde wig (serious Dallas hair), a mini stuffed Chihuahua inside a gold purse and over the top huge diamond jewelry and La Jolla Barbie was created.. Limited Edition For Sure! I even sewed on a hot pink ruffle at the bottom of the gold dress, since I was afraid the dress might be a little too short for a Church function.. Although from some of the other costumes out there I had absolutely nothing to worry about.
Now we all know what I would look like if I had long hair and about 10 times as much of it.

And the boat dance was actually a blast and now I can cross that off my bucket list.. Danced on the top of a boat while cruising around the San Diego Bay! Pretty Sweet…Most of all it was fun to spend time with friends and act like wacky kid again!

No comments: