Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lakeside Rodeo (More than you could bargain for)

So this weekend I spectated at my very first rodeo. I must say it was an interesting event. I hardly ever venture very far south east of San Diego proper..
I like my North San Diego Bubble just fine thank you.

Apparently it was destined to be a night of firsts.. and a few that probably will be lasts as well.

1. I bought a cowgirl hat.. and it is dang cute! Don't have much need for it here.. maybe Halloween this year?.. or do I feel the need to take a trip to Texas?.. hmmm.
The Cowgirl Hat and the Infamous Kettle Korn

2. I ate dinner at Wienerschnitzel. A brilliant menu meal centered around hot dogs? There are hardly words.. OK... here are a few ...

Holy Pig Guts... I haven't eaten a corn dog since I was like 10 or something and Not many improvements have been made.. pretty much exactly as I remembered. In fact on the corn dog wrapper it says that they are foster farms corn dogs.. I wonder if they get theirs from Coscto?. Luckily I shared the Corn Dog meal and I only ate one....my life will only be shortened a couple of years.

Also.. little known fact.. their strawberry lemonade.. is just strawberry syrup squeezed into your drink cup and then you go to the soda machine and put in regular lemonade.. so blah! Luckily I did not order this.. others in my group not so much

And another thing.. since when is the girls bathroom more disgusting than the guys? Well all I can say is... Jenny was traumatized when she opened the door.. and then promptly opted for the guys bathroom...
Not the finest hour to be an employee at the Wienerschnitzel.

3. I saw the Lakeside Rodeo. Which is a very popular event around those parts, cars for miles. People even selling parking spots for $20 in their front yards. Most of the cowboys were from Utah, Montana, Idaho.. etc. The host said that one of the contestants families has a indoor coral area so that they can still practice when it's gets cold outside. That is dedication. And boy those cowboys and live stock can move! I felt so bad the calves that got body slammed to the ground and hog tied. Supposedly Rodeos are not cruel to animals.. but I can't help feeling a little sorry for them. They did have a cute event where all the little kids (3-4 years old) came out with their stick horses and had a race around the coral. They were hilarious.. some were really confused about what they were supposed to do.. and chaos ensued.



4. I stood in line for Kettle Corn. For like 50 minutes! I should have know better! Nothing is that good. After waiting for 20 minutes I started to wonder if it was really worth it, but had already waited that long and to get nothing seemed like such a waste.. so I sunk another half hour into it.. and ending up realizing that I don't like kettle corn that much.. too salty... I was thinking it was going to be sweeter. Jenny waited with me in line and we ended up missing a few events..(Sorry Jenny!) by the time we got back it to the stands it was nearly over. Dang it!

All in all it was a good time! An Experience with good friends is never time wasted! YeeHaw!

No comments: