Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fun in the Sun


Me, Jen and Rebecca


Me and Amy

Memorial Weekend is synonymous with Beach Weekend in San Diego

But don't be jealous.. I went to the beach twice and was ceremoniously Lobsterfied...

Saturday I convinced my friend Lisa to write her talk for church on the beach.. seriously I don't know of any better place to get inspiration..it didn't take much arm twisting... but I guess the spirit speaks to each of us a little differently since after her talk on Sunday she said she scrapped all the stuff she wrote at the beach.

SIDE NOTE: I was supposed to be giving a talk on Sunday as well but.. I was fired from that job the week before.. seriously have you ever heard of someone retracting a call to give a talk?.. It's never happened to me before and it was AMAZING! Apparently they wanted the New Relief Society Presidency to speak..and so I was removed from the lecture circuit.. my day is coming though.. as I was told that my speaking assignment was "on hold" until future notice. Which I can't decide if this is worse than knowing the exact date and getting it over with...Here's to hoping they forget!

It was pretty much the perfect couple hours at the beach until when I got home I noticed the backs of my thighs and half of my back was on fire.. the price you pay.

On Monday went to the beach activity for the ward. Again fun times! And Again Lobsterifed.. it's pretty much all turned into a slightly more tan shade of white now.. just not in the genes to be tan I guess.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

That is awesome that you were disinvited to speak . . . that's pretty much a dream come true!Spending a weekend at the beach . . . you seriously have the life :) I'm so stinkin' jealous!

Allison said...

So, so, so jealous that you get to hang out at the beach! Why oh why do I live in Utah?

Rebecca Fallentine said...

What? Not speaking! I am breathlessly waiting for you to speak. Have a really fun time this weekend with your girlfriends!

It was a blast to hang out with you on Memorial Day, we simply must do it again!