Saturday, April 19, 2008

Be careful what you wish for….


(Photo taken from my front porch.. fire hit pretty close to home)

So this Monday a house/condo/4 plex.. whatever you want to call the places where I live caught on fire near (very near) the condo I rent. I was of course oblivious to the fact that the place was burning.. I was working feverishly on my computer, definitely too busy to pay any attention to the sirens coming up my street. I started to hear some commotion out in front of our little condo.. I look out the window and what do I see but the roof of condo kittycorner from me engulfed in flames and all the neighbors gathered in the street and my front “yard” to watch the fire fighters in action. I of course start dialing everyone I know... to share the news.. specifically my roommate.. who did not answer her phone.. I finally got desperate and sent her a text saying the condo next to ours was on fire.. amazing how quickly I got a return phone call after that :). About 11pm the fire was out after who knows how many millions of gallons of water poured on the roof with huge pressure fire hoses and now 6 people don’t have their own beds to sleep in. (Jury is still out on what caused the fire.. very little (as in a one paragraph article) news coverage).

Anyhow for several months now I have been so sick of my tiny condo and all the random but “necessary” stuff that I have accumulated that I actually been saying that I want all my stuff to just burn… had I really just been saying that? Holy smokes! What was I thinking!! Suffice it to say, I have had a rather abrupt attitude adjustment.. and am now going to voluntarily eliminate some of my assets (which seems like a way less disruptive and heart breaking way to lose a couple pounds).. and just be grateful that I have a fairly decent place to live. Goodwill look out!

1 comment:

Lambini said...

oh my gosh! that's insanity!!