Monday, April 21, 2008

Wicked LA (Part 2)

So on with the actual show! The show was amazing.. the lighting.. the staging.. the fabulous characters and the SINGING.. Ahhhh-MAZING! My favorite character was definitely Ga-linda (but this is coming from the girl that actually saw Legally Blonde the Musical on Broadway and loved it.. so you know.. take that for what you will). I must admit that I did absolutely no research into the plot of this show before plopping my self in the assigned seat in the Pantages Theater so I was surprised by every plot turn, clever, very clever.. I especially liked the cameo by Dorothy and Dodo and Popular was my favorite song. I don’t want to ruin it for any of you that haven’t gone yet so I won’t say another word.. besides it’s worth the price of admission and the trek to slums of Hollywood …at least in broad daylight.. I can’t really vouch for the evening show.

After the show we ventured to Downtown Disney….oh so close to the happiest place on earth.. so close infact I could have taken a Mickey Mouse Tram.. but that might have be too much fun for one day… so I stuck to the free Disney experience. I have actually never been to Downtown Disney.. which seems like another way for Disney to keep those families staying at the Disney Resort Hotel from venturing outside the magical kingdom with their pocketbooks.. but it was pretty cool outdoor shopping mall and restaurant row. And we had some live entertainment.. a guy was playing an electric violin.. yes they do have such things..

We decided to have dinner at ESPN Zone.. which also doubles as an arcade.. sadly we did not play any games.. we looked longingly at them.. does that count? There was a rock wall climbing game that I totally would have been into… however it was closed for renovations.. Another was a horse racing game.. where you and 3 other players jockey your mechanical horses.. I saw some women actually “helping” by wiggling her daughters horse so she could keep us with the other players, not sure if that was cute or a little obsessive?

We had a spectacular dinner, followed by an equally amazing sizzling cookie with ice cream.. Yummy… if I only I had one now…. I then proceeded to drive everyone home. All of my passengers fell asleep on the ride home.. it must have been my smooth driving skills… however I did have to keep myself awake by singing my heart out to every song on my upbeat running mixes as we made our way back to the Greater San Diego Area aka the real Happiest Place on Earth.

2 comments:

Lambini said...

the happiest place on earth is truly SD. good friends ..good times... good weather. I still need to see this wicked madness. You are inspiring me.

lisa c. said...

Again, sorry for not staying awake:) I really planned to, but your smooth and controlled driving were just too much, and it was like i was being sung to sleep, it was great!