So a couple weeks after the first Louie sighting and fearing to go out to our laundry area.. what is a single girl to do in these kind of predicaments? Now I can do a lot of things but organizing a rat hunt is not something I ever want to be my specialty. Enter the desperate call to the male pal from out of town (Since I don’t want to subject any of my in town friends to this) to save the day.. well sort of..
Mark my long time friend from LA came to visit on a Saturday.. I think mostly to see if the tall tales of the rat were actually true. Of course he is brave enough to immediately venture out the laundry garage and start rooting around in there in search of the Louie.
I must say I was extremely embarrassed about the state of our back patio and laundry area. We had really let it go since the rat sighting.. thank goodness for fences, they actually do make for good neighbors.
Anyhow.. Alycia and I were in the apartment noses pressed to the window just waiting to hear Mark scream like a girl (if he did come across the rat) he moved a couple boxes and items from off the shelves of the laundry area and suddenly the rat sprung from it’s secret hiding place.. (I think he might have made a nest of my sleeping bag..ewe!!!!) and nearly attacked Mark (or so he claims). All Alycia and I hear him say was OH MY HOLY CRAP (or something of that nature)…. and jump like 10ft out of the laundry room and run inside.
Mark claims that the rat is ginormous and wants to head to home depot to get a trap to take care of it. I, however, do not want to have to deal with disposing of a dead rat a day later.. I know.. I’m a big sissy! So I continue to hope that Louie will venture to the bait station and the HOA will somehow save the day. A girl can dream can’t she?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment