Monday, April 21, 2008
Disparity of Wealth
So occasionally due to job circumstance I get to be the fly on the wall regarding household finances…. some times are definitely more amusing than others. It’s eye opening what people spend their own money on.. I’m sure some one could say the same about what I spend. Anyhow I was in budget mode.. hacking and slashing my way through unnecessary expenses (and who says accounting can't be fun)... with one of my clients Mr. and Mrs. X, when Mr. X was explaining the decline in the market to Mrs. X and the fact that they’d have to start conserving…just a little bit. As a joke, Mr. X said it could get so bad that they’d have to move in with me.. I seriously laughed out loud to imagine what people used to living in 7000sqft + with 5 acres of property would do living in my apartment…just for the mental picture… that would be some what akin to a broom closet in their home. So to add to the hilarity of his statement I said "ya in my shared 700 sqft apartment". Mrs. X let out a squeal of actual horrification said “That would be soooo awful”. I think that statement accidentally slipped out as it was directed more toward my living conditions than actually living with me. Amazing what we humans can get used to…one mans trash is another’s treasure… It’s all a matter of perspective isn’t it? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mrs. X, for the record, I love living in a 700 sq. ft broom closet with Bryonny... despite Louie, and the burned out neighbors and the moth invasion!!!! ;)
Post a Comment