I ditched out of work early and joined JW and her work for 4 o'lock Friday at Del Mar Fairgrounds to watch some horse racing. I don’t really get into the whole gambling thing, but I do enjoy the thrill of watching those horses gallop across the track. I gave myself an entertainment budget of $2 and took my chances on a horse named Exquisite.. No one would be able to confuse me for a regular.. the lady at the booth had to coach me through about 20 decisions before handing me my ticket. I ended up with $2 on #9 to Place (which means coming in 1st or 2nd) the odds were not in my favor… by shear luck my horse came in 2nd and I won $8.40.. not bad.. but I quickly made the decision to retire and reinvest my winnings in to consumable energy (a spicy hot dog from the concession stand).
**Horses After a Race--They would be a blur if I tried to get them mid race****JW looking for the big winner**

No comments:
Post a Comment