For the Big American Birthday Bash.. aka 4th of July... I decided to make my way to the mother land.. Washington DC our nations capitol.. uncharted territory for this California native. This trip was also a Birthday present to myself... I’m not sure how I’m going to top this next year?!
I was super excited about this trip.. so much so that I might have developed OCD on the party planning... there was a very detailed spreadsheet involved if that gives you any indication (I wish it could be posted here in all it's glory). Another tribute to show you my level of obsessiveness (and maybe nerdiness): I had two guide books, a couple maps, a few history cliff notes books, countless book marked DC websites... and to set the mood, I had even bought a series of lectures discussing the life of Ben Franklin and had been listening to them on my way to work for the week leading up to this trip.
I was more organized for this trip than I have ever been for any trip in my life.. which goes to show that even the best laid plans go haywire occasionally.. on this trip I don't think anything quite ended up how I anticipated but how can you go wrong with great friends, fabulous fireworks and a city full of monumental amazement.
I was super excited about this trip.. so much so that I might have developed OCD on the party planning... there was a very detailed spreadsheet involved if that gives you any indication (I wish it could be posted here in all it's glory). Another tribute to show you my level of obsessiveness (and maybe nerdiness): I had two guide books, a couple maps, a few history cliff notes books, countless book marked DC websites... and to set the mood, I had even bought a series of lectures discussing the life of Ben Franklin and had been listening to them on my way to work for the week leading up to this trip.
I was more organized for this trip than I have ever been for any trip in my life.. which goes to show that even the best laid plans go haywire occasionally.. on this trip I don't think anything quite ended up how I anticipated but how can you go wrong with great friends, fabulous fireworks and a city full of monumental amazement.

No comments:
Post a Comment