Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Washington Tidbit #3-The Great Mall Run

**San Diego Crew-Matty, Me, Jenny, Lambini, and Rachel**


We arrived in DC with plenty of time to catch the subway to our hotel and met up with the few San Diegians turned East Coasters (Matty G., Rachel J., and Lambini). We caught up while grabbing a quick bite and heading over to a roof top party which promised a view of the fireworks without all the crazy crowds

*View from the Rooftop**

The roof top, while spectacular, was really not the DC Fireworks experience that I was hoping for…apparently I needed the energy and excitement of the crowds.. (the weather wasn’t really cooperating.. drizzly and hazy so visibility was being compromised) so during a split second decision making process Jenny, Lambini and I bolted from the roof top with T-15 minutes until show time in search of the Washington Monument. We actually ran through the National Mall (and at one point I was actually talking on my cell phone, trying to confirm tour plans for the next day and running through the streets of an unknown city….sometimes I amaze even myself with my multitasking abilities) and arrived just as the 1st firework erupted. It was glorious! So amazingly to be in the National Capital on the Nations Birthday… I would highly recommend it!

**Pictures don't really do it justice.. due to poor night settings on point and shoot cammeras**

No comments: