
So my fabulous tropical Hawaiian vacation has come to an end.. (more about the actual trip to come). It's hard to come back to the real world and real life.. I had a minor freakout moment...I shed a couple tears last night.. not sure why.. it was a very unusual reaction when returning from an extremely fabulous trip.
It wasn't that I necessarily wanted to be back in Hawaii (not that I'm opposed to it either) but I wasn't ready to come back to San Diego... it was a strange feeling that I don't know if I can put into words.. It could been exacerbated by fact that I checked my email and had 180 work emails piled up (word to the wise never do this while still coming down from the vacation high) or that I got in the door from the flight at 11pm or maybe it was separation anxiety from the wonderful friends I had spent every moment with for the past 8 days.
Whatever the case somehow I made it through and got up today :).. things always look brighter in the morning.. amazing how sleeping in your own bed can set the world right...I went to church and chatted with my friends and family.. and then coming back to real life didn't seem like such a bad thing.
It wasn't that I necessarily wanted to be back in Hawaii (not that I'm opposed to it either) but I wasn't ready to come back to San Diego... it was a strange feeling that I don't know if I can put into words.. It could been exacerbated by fact that I checked my email and had 180 work emails piled up (word to the wise never do this while still coming down from the vacation high) or that I got in the door from the flight at 11pm or maybe it was separation anxiety from the wonderful friends I had spent every moment with for the past 8 days.
Whatever the case somehow I made it through and got up today :).. things always look brighter in the morning.. amazing how sleeping in your own bed can set the world right...I went to church and chatted with my friends and family.. and then coming back to real life didn't seem like such a bad thing.
Life is still good even though I'm not on vacation... so here's to getting back in the groove, learning to live life in the present moment, and making each day a better day.

1 comment:
I am oh so jealous! Nothing beats a week in Hawaii. I must say that is such a cute photo of you!
By the way, this is Allison Ellis...I found your blog through Lisa.
Post a Comment