Another Hawaiian experience worth mentioning is Shaved Ice.. I had heard about this wonderful cousin to the snow cone.. but was clearly not prepared for the delectable treat that awaited me at Matsumoto Shaved Ice located in the historic surfing town of Haleiwa on the North Shore. Ignorant in the ways of the Shaved Ice Creations.. I thought it was all ice.. but no you can get it with icecream and azuki beans (red beans boiled in sugar) if you should desire (most of you know I would not be adventurous enough to try the azuki beans.. why put beans in perfectly good icecream? After all I am my father’s daughter!). The icecream with the shaved ice is fantasic.. I highly recommend the rootbeer and vanilla flavored ice with icecream.. a new take on a cream soda float.
Lisa was really brave and tried the beans.. ewwie!
We liked these so much that we had shaved ice everytime we went remotely close to the North Shore (This was 3 days out of the 8 days). I think Pam got sugared out.. but you know I could have gone there several times a day with my sweet tooth!
We liked these so much that we had shaved ice everytime we went remotely close to the North Shore (This was 3 days out of the 8 days). I think Pam got sugared out.. but you know I could have gone there several times a day with my sweet tooth!

No comments:
Post a Comment