Monday, May 19, 2008

Where’s My Essentials Kit? (Hawaii 1)


So to be honest I didn’t have so much as a clue on anything Hawaiian. When Pam, Lisa and I were planning the trip all I knew was that I was going to Hawaii and I was going to be laying on a beach for 7 days. People asked me what island I was going to.. and I wasn’t quite sure.. Big Island? Hawaii? Uh.. Honolulu? Waikiki?.. I was very confused.. somewhere along the line I had to look it up.. Oahu… ah well it all makes sense now and I’m up on my Hawaiian geography to boot!

So we didn’t have to let too much time pass before our first Hawaiian adventure. In the airport while we were passing time till our geriatric flight left from the mainland, I (who has become somewhat of a Brian Regan fanatic as of late) was doing my best to keep my friends entertained by impersonating few of his comedy sketches about air travel…I tried my hardest but I’m sure I didn’t do them justice. (Do go ahead and check this out on Youtube if you haven’t already.. guaranteed laughs for hours http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxe0uO2Dpuc, to understand the title of this blog you need to watch this clip). One of my favs is his lost luggage sketch…well I must have jinxed us.. cause it hit a little to close to home.

Lisa’s bag came up missing. We made our way to the lost luggage counter which was extremely antiquated.. when you have card catalogs instead of computers.. it doesn’t boad well and surely doesn’t instill confidence in bag retrieval capabilities. They explained that the bag had probably been mistaken for a transfer to a smaller island and there were flights to and from the other islands all the time.. Not to worry.. uh huh.. FYI Lisa can keep her cool under stress. 45 mins later bag was miraculously found and made it’s way to the hotel before we did.

No comments: